Tuesday 6 March 2012

I am so lucky

Ab Kettleby, Leicestershire, Eng.


Jessie in Ab Kettleby, Leicestershire.


Cascais, Portugal.


Cascais, Portugal.



On days like today,with the sun out, blue sky all around and only my dog, Jessie and me walking together, I could keep going for miles. I listen to the birds, study the colours and textures of the trees and bushes. I turn around and glance back at the village in the distance with the quaint old church and I think how lucky I am to have such a good companion to walk with and to have the time to be able to completely relax and appreciate such beauty and tranquility.

My mind wonders back to a year and a half ago, when I walked daily with my dog in Portugal. Of course, it was hotter and my surroundings were different but also very beautiful. Its a great feeling to remember the positive aspects of anything that has happened in the past, and for me, the beauty of Portugal will stay with me forever.

2 comments:

  1. I like chasing bee's in the sunny garden... I will stop now as karma might let me be chased by your Jessie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will have a talk with Jessie & tell her not to ever chase Molly, the fashion cat!

      Delete