Tuesday 12 July 2011

Round coffee table decorated with flowers


I was asked to decorate the top of a round coffee table with flowers using Decoupage. My client already had a table in this style and requested something similar to compliment it.

I thought that finding gift wrap with traditionally illustrated flowers would be easy enough, but I could not find any suitable. Having searched the internet, visited some local garden centers and gift shops, I had an idea that I may find what I wanted in a gardening book. So, I promptly went to a charity shop and the first book that I looked in had exactly what I required!

I carefully cut out the selected flowers and after several coats of black paint I placed them on the table. Once I was happy with their position, I glued them down, followed by many coats of varnish.

I am pleased to say that my client was delighted with the result.

No comments:

Post a Comment